Find a Better Way…
…to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
…to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex Corp. is renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems. We apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
Sysmex Inostics, a subsidiary of Sysmex Corp. is a molecular diagnostics company that is a pioneer in blood-based cell-free tumor DNA testing in oncology. Our highly sensitive OncoBEAM™ and Plasma-Safe-SeqS technologies can detect minute amounts of mutant DNA circulating in the bloodstream. With these technologies we support clinical researchers and oncologists with therapy selection and monitoring of response, recurrence as well as resistance.
POSITION SUMMARY: Accountable for overseeing all global sales, business planning and account activities, business management with other departments, alliance management with partners, Information Systems and Services (related to local sales/marketing activities) and support of IVD development activities for Sysmex Inostics Germany (SIG) and Sysmex Corporation (S-corp). Reporting to CEO & President, the individual will work closely work with all Sysmex Inostics departments, other Sysmex affiliates, and external partners as needed. Moreover, this plays the readership role in the management team and guide the direction from a Sysmex Inostics strategic perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee global sales and marketing operations and strategy of SII CRO/LDT business.
- Manage biopharma business development department and build a strong commercial team for cancer liquid biopsy and dementia blood testing areas.
- Oversee biopharma customer relationships and manage long term partnerships.
- Build alliance tactics and execution plan for CDx partnership and expand the CRO business opportunity leveraging CDx alliance with QIAGEN.
- Collaborate with other departments as a matrix team, define global initiatives within the context of the corporate SI business strategy, and ensure synergies to meet company mid-term plans
- Ensure strategic plans are developed in concert with regional and global objectives and executed within departmental teams.
- Budget planning and execution of commercial goals within budget
- Contribute to the SI global board meetings and LDT steering committee meetings
- Provide strong leadership, develop, and retain successful staff, communicate at all levels of the organization on trends and analysis, product information and programs.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Leadership abilities should be included. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Biological Science or related field required. 10+ years previous global commercial and marketing experience in LDT molecular diagnostics and clinical Dx reimbursement. Master’s degree with a specialization in Business Administration preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience in Sales/Operations, Leadership Experience
- Well- organized, analytical, creative, and strategic thinker capable of generating creative concepts and evolving them into action plans to support strategic goals and drive results
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (PowerPoint presentation and oral presentation skills are required
- Passion for the life sciences and bringing innovative technologies to market fot the benefit of patients.
Language Skills: No foreign language skills required, international travel experience desirable, excellent communication skills (PowerPoint presentation and oral presentation skills are required)
Computer Skills: MS Office, including moderate to advanced PowerPoint.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Solid oral and written communications skills, presentation and influencing skills, and the ability to deal directly with professional and managerial level customers.
- Ability to provide justification for capital and expense budget items.
- Ability to lead project teams.
- Ability to solve complex problems, including integration of sales strategies.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of an executive team.
Percentage of Travel: 25%
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Risk: Regular exposure to risk that may require alertness, but with minimal precautions.
Physical Demands: Light physical effort. Routine handling of objects up to 20 pounds; prolonged (at least 50% of time) sitting, standing, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
Individual Education & Training Required for Position: Training required for this position is defined and governed in accordance to COP-0013 Associate Training and will be assigned in the LMS.
Role Definitions: First/Mid-Level Officials and Managers
Apply to this Position
Sysmex Inostics’ COVID-19 vaccination policy, consistent with its status as a federal government contractor and commitment to its customers and to providing a safe workplace for its employees, requires that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, all Sysmex employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the latter of your start date or December 1, 2021. To the extent permitted by applicable law, any offer of employment extended will be conditioned upon the individual’s ability to provide proof of current vaccination status. Sysmex makes reasonable accommodations when needed for medical or religious reasons. However, vaccine exemption and other accommodation requests cannot be granted unless the individual is able, with the accommodation, to perform the essential functions of the job.
Sysmex Inostics is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.